Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A belated b-day celebration



I had my dear friend Marina over last week for a catch-up-finally lunch a little bday surprise. I had missed her bday (as I am absolutely so bad - terrible - not good at ALL at remembering bdays). To make it up I decided to make her these indulgent chocolate pots de creme as I know she looooves chocolate.
Here is to you Marina, best wishes always and many many more to come - Besos.


Chocolate and Raspberry Pot de Creme

1 cup coconut milk
1 cup heavy cream (I actually used Half and Half b/c I had it at hand)
1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
1/3 cup pure sugar cane
2 organic egg yolkd
1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or chips)
Fresh Raspberries

Bring the coconut milk, cream, vanilla bean and half of the sugar to a boil. Pour this over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate is competely melted.
Cool this mixture a bit (I put it in the fridge if I am in a hurry)

In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the other half of the sugar. Temper the hot chocolate mixture into the egg yolks while whisking constantly. Strain the custard through a fine sieve.

Place some raspberries into ramekins and pour the custard into them. Place the ramekins on a sheetpan and bring this to a preheated 300F oven.

Place the sheetpan in the oven and pour hot water in the sheetpan. Bake the pot de creme in the water bath until center is set about 35 minutes, check at 20. Refrigerate until completely cooled.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely delicious! Thank you again for all that sweetness.
    ps: When can I get another? besosss

    ReplyDelete